Saturday, December 17, 2011

Candy Cane Chocolate Hearts

Candy Cane Chocolate Hearts

Okay! So today I'm going to show you how to make these super cute candy cane chocolate hearts!! :) 

This is my very first tutorial so I think I'm a little more excited than I should be. I'm going to be giving these out to my daughters teachers at school, and some friends that are more like acquaintances.

The following recipe will make about 6 hearts for one bag of chocolate.










What you're going to need: 
  • 1 Box of Candy Canes
  • 1 Bag of Chocolate Chips 
  • 1 Bag of Hersey Chocolate Kisses (Candy Cane)
  • Sprinkles 
  • M&M's
  • Wax Paper
  • Disposable Cake Decorating Bags


  • You're going to lay a piece of wax paper down over your work place. You want to use the wax paper so that it's easy to peal the hearts up after they a finished drying.
  • Go ahead and peel the wrapping that's over the candy canes off. Try to make sure you're hands are dry so you don't end up getting sticky :).
  • Place the candy canes down on top of the wax paper and make a heart shape with them.


  • Now you're ready to melt your chocolate. Place the whole bag of Chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.

After you take the chocolate  out of the microwave it may look like it hasn't melted but it has. Do not over melt your chocolate by microwaving it any longer than than 2 minutes.
  • Stir until all the chocolate has melted.
  • Place the chocolate into a decorating bag. You can cut the tip of the bag and use it with out a decorating tip or you can use one. Whatever you're comfortable with. I used a tip :)
  • Start filling the inside of your candy cane hearts. I went about 3/4 of the way to the top with my chocolate. 

  • Decorate by adding the crushed kisses, M&M's and Sprinkles
  •  And that's it! You're finished. Leave them out until they harden and then you can wrap them up as gifts or have them out at a party :) 


Hope you enjoyed! <3
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Thanks very much, I will definitely try these this Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete