Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Apples and Caramel Dip

Has anyone seen those pre-packaged apples and dip things they sell at Wal-Mart? I noticed that they have began to become popular at drive-thrus as an alternative option for fries. Anyway we did this long car trip and I ended up trying one of apples from the package...  I dont know if it's just me, and I guess I cant complain too much,  because I would much rather Addy eat apples over fries any day, but they tasted pretty nasty to me.

Anyway, it got me thinking about having that snack in the house for my daughter. I love apples and caramel sauce but trying to make the sauce sucks, and cutting the apples is such a pain! I always have a hard time holding the apple just right, and have a ton of mental images of me accidentally cutting my whole hand off...yeah... potatoes are an even more epic battle.

Amazingly, The Pampered Chef has made this nifty little thing called the "Apple Wedger".  It cuts 10 perfectly even apple slices, and takes less than 5 seconds to do. Easy and the thing that I love most, is that I no longer worry about the hand cutting off thing. ;)

You can buy the 6 pack of Marzetti Carmel Dips and be done. No nasty taste from the pre packaged ones and you can even buy the "no-fat" ones for yourself.



I'm curious... for those of you who have the Wedger, what else have you made with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment