So the other day I was shopping at wal-mart and saw this tub of Valentines Day candy corn, and on impulse just bought it (don’t judge me :P). I figured I could use them on cake pops or cupcakes. As I was browsing my new Fav website, Pinterest, I saw a recipe for Homemade Butterfingers… Well, being in the Valentines mood, and being so lucky as to have a pound of PINK candy corn lying around… I made these little guys! and the best part is there's only 3 ingredients! Enjoy! :)
Homemade Butterfinger Candy Bars
- 3 cups candy corn
- 1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
- milk chocolate chips or candy melts, for dipping
*FYI… I only made half the recipe b/c to be honest I was a little skeptical about these tasting good… but I promise they’re delish! :)
1. Place the candy corn in a large bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir and return to microwave. Continue heating for 30 seconds to another minute, stirring until it is completely melted.
2. Stir in the peanut butter. The heat from the candy corn should melt the peanut butter, but if not return to the microwave for 15 seconds. Stir to combine.
3. Spread the mixture into an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper. Smooth it out evenly in the pan. Let cool for one hour and then use a pizza cutter or cookie cutter to slice into bars and shapes.
4. Melt the chocolate chips or candy melts in the microwave (Usually 1 minute does the trick).
5. Carefully dip the candy bars into the melted chocolate and turn to coat.
6. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and wait for the chocolate to set.
7. Store at room temperature for a chewy texture or in the fridge for a more crisp texture.